Resource planning with JIRA + what plugins?

Lisa Reilly April 14, 2014

Hi!

My company are looking for a JIRA plugin or standalone app that integrates with JIRA to aid with our annual resource planner.

We have evaluated Tempo Planner (as we used Tempo Timesheets), but it does not show when a resource is overallocated and also it is not possible to view individual people's allocations. It is important for us that whatever tool we use:

- can show what is planned for engineers on an individual, team and project level.

- can show when a person is booked more than 100% (i.e. if I book a resource for 50% of his time, another person books that person for 75% of his time, the fact that he is overallocated at 125% should be highlighted)

- we use a JIRA download instance so any product we use would need to be compatible.

- we also reviewed Feywa and found it clunky and the reporting poor.

So does anyone use any good products that aren't Feywa or Tempo Planner?

Thanks

Lisa

3 answers

3 votes
cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

Hi Lisa,

Please check out https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.activitytimeline.pluginWhile I cannot tell you if this plugin meets your exact specifications I can tell you it's more highly rated than Tempo and Feywa in terms of Resource planning. I can tell you that JIRA does not natively have the required tools to perform resource planning.

I would also like to suggest you look to our partner experts. In particular please have a look at http://www.cprime.com/services/tools/. They are one of our leading partners for Agile and resource management.

Hope this helps!

Turner

Lisa Reilly April 27, 2014

Thanks for the answer, Activity Timeline is too granular for us so we do not think it is suitable.

Like Iman mohammadi likes this
1 vote
Kitologic Inc.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

Heya Lisa,

Might want to have a look at FOLIO.
The add-on has a resource load section for the team members.
It does warn you if a resource is over-allocated.

You will also have access to a workload report where you can query the load of one or more resource and this for a specific period.

Cheers,

JC

Lisa Reilly April 27, 2014

Thanks, will have a look....

Like Iman mohammadi likes this
0 votes
Oleh Vasyliv August 1, 2014

Thanks Turner for mentioning our add-on - ActivityTimeline!

We have released a new version that supports both small and large timeline scopes (from a week to a year). The workload indicator is available for all scopes as well. So, it might be worth to try (or take a look at) a new version!

Suggest an answer