Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Remove a label in a Transition Post Function

I've set up a Condition on several of my workflow transitions that require the presence of a given label so that developers cannot transition issues without giving them a certain label. Now I would like to remove that label after the transition is done. Is that possible?

I've looked at the Post Functions and can't seem to find a way to manipulate the labels of an issue.

3 answers

Hi, any update on this? It would be a really useful feature to have. Thanks.

Hi @hannah_brooks ,

while there is still no out-of-the-box feature to do so, you might want to have a look at the workflow apps available on the Atlassian Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?category=Workflow

Jira Workflow Toolbox being one of those can manipulate the labels field via its Update issue fields post function (https://apps.decadis.net/display/JWT/Update+issue+fields). In order to remove the label myLabel while keeping the remaining labels, you'd have to update the field with the expression

- myLabel

Disclaimer: I'm part of the team behind the aforementioned app.

Cheers
Thorsten

0 votes

The scripting add-ons can provide a place to write code if you don't want to write your own add-on to give you a post-function or listener to do it.  Otherwise there's nothing internal to do it.

Did you find a solution to this?

6 years later and same issue here. Anyone found a solution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you