Remove Hide Checked-Status-Progress feature for Custom Field Checklist

Keith December 2, 2019

Greetings,

To my knowledge we're using Jira Server 8.2.

There is a Custom Field type called 'Checklist'. I would like to use this without any of Statuses, the green complete status bar, and 'Hide Checked' text showing...

jira Statuses Disabled.PNG

In other words, why does this field type need to be affiliated with progress or status? Can't it simply be a list of items that all display (checked or unchecked) without showing any progress or status? At the least, can there be an option to disable the 'Hide Checked' text/option in the 'Edit Parameters' section of this field type?

I prefer this Checklist field type over the 'Checkboxes' custom field type because Checkboxes does not show the user all the options that can be or have been checked. And it puts all of the checked options on one line then buries other checked options so users have to open/edit the field to even see what is checked.

So, either please fix Checklist to disable the progress/status feature
OR
fix Checkboxes so that a user can see all of the options (as displayed in Checklist)

Many Thanks,

Keith

2 answers

0 votes
Maxime Lefebvre _Okapya_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2019

Hi Keith,

This Add-On is "Checklist for Jira" and we have a story in our backlog to actually implement what you are asking (hiding the header).

I cannot tell exactly when it will be released but it is currently planned for our next version.

If you want to be informed when it will be released, I suggest you to contact us on our Support Portal (if not already done).

Have a nice day!

Keith December 11, 2019

Thanks Maxime, I was told it should be available after the next spring. Can you please confirm?

I'm not able to log into the support portal as you suggest. Any other way to know if/when this will be implemented?

Thanks!

Keith

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

I think this is associated w/ an addon. Possibly Issue Checklist Pro? If so you might want to look at your global settings for that addon - Jira settings > Apps > issue checklist pro

Suggest an answer