Remaining hours changing to N/A while logging time.

Jim Cavallini June 16, 2014

Hi,

I don't put estimates on my tickets, as I usually have no clue how long they will take. When I log work (by typing 'w'), I put my time into the Worked field, and because there is no estimate, this auto-fills "Remaining estimate" with "N/A". If I try to submit that, it tells me "Remaining estimate is invalid." I have to change "Remaining estimate" to 0 to submit the work log. I don't think a field should ever be auto-filled with an invalid value. Wouldn't a default of 0 be more appropriate?

Thanks,

2 answers

0 votes
M_D_ Klapwijk July 8, 2014

If you are using Tempo; try switching "Remaining estimate is optional" in the Tempo configuration. This will set the remaining estimate to 0h instead of n/a.

Jessica Riga January 9, 2015

@M.D. Klapwijk I want to do just that but cannot locate where you can switch fields to optional anywhere in Administration for Tempo. Can you provide some information on how to navigate to where the configuration can be changed? 

Dawn Fama June 12, 2018

Tempo Administration, Global Configuration, it's the 3rd option down from Logging Work.  If you don't see the option you may not be in tempo admonition permission

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2014

Remaining estimate becomes "N/A" when there is no original estimate on the story. That is a way of forcing the user to put a valid remaining estimate I guess.

Defaulting to 0 will make it a lot easier for people to ignore the estimates field and that is probably why that is not done.

Suggest an answer