Recently i setup incoming mail handler automatically "custom id" custom filed should be added

Lakshmi Yaganti April 28, 2021

Through incoming mail handler only a summary and description able to created in tickets, I need to add automatically cust ID value in ticket creation, is there any script, and also that cust id should unique for each ticket, we have script runner plugin only.

2 answers

0 votes
Lakshmi Yaganti April 29, 2021

Thank you @Thomas Deiler ,

But actually, my issue is  I am getting a summary in the format  " case analysis STVB-84752 ", so in that summary, i need to fetch id as Case ID "STVB-84752", sometimes that will be in this format sometimes it will start with numbers, no particular pattern for that id, so how to fetch that from through script handler, if anyone has code kindly let me know.

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

This seems to be very case specific. You will need to do this on your own. Or ask your question again at https://community.developer.atlassian.com/. Probably some groovy script gurus are listening ...

So long

Thomas

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Dear @Lakshmi Yaganti ,

have a look at this article. Eventually you will find some pieces of information to write your own incoming mail handler script.

So long

Thomas

Suggest an answer