When trying to perform the jql query "fixVersion in unreleasedVersions()" on one of our Jira instances we get a ClauseTooComplexSearchException. The error message simply says "the following query was too complex to generate a query from: fixVersion in unreleasedVersions()". Running the search "fixVersion in releasedVersions()" however, works without any problems.
Also the search, "fixVersion in unreleasedVersions()", runs without any problems on our other nearly identically configured instances.
Sorry for the too late response, but I recently ran into the similar problem, and I found your question.
When I looked at Lucene API and after some googling I found this issue.
JQL has a limit of 1024 clauses, you can only get the expected results for <1024 rows. So, if you have more than 1024 fixVersions you may run into this problem.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs