Public Dashboard not visible in dropdown for Everyone

Philip van Veen April 26, 2017

Hi,

I have an issue which I am not able to solve, 2 hours later and reading tons of similiar issues I finally decided to ask for help.

I created a new Project which has the Browse Permission set to Everyone, also the Issues are viewable to everyone, I then created a Dashboard with various gadgets and shared it also to Everyone, however this dashboard does not show up in the dropdown list to anonymous users, which I would have expected. 

I can view the dashboard if I add the selectPageId= parameter to the dashboard URL and everyhting works fine, but in the Dashboard dropdown I only see the System Dashboard.

Am I forgetting something? Is it not possible? 

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2017

Hi Tomek,

You're talking about the "Dashboards" drop down menu, in the main navigation bar, at the top of any JIRA page, right?  If so, the links in that menu are specific to each user's preferences.  The links consist of dashboards they've marked as a "favorite".

For users who login, send them the URL, with the unique parameter you mentioned, and teach them how to make the dashboard one of their "favorites."  

When they visit your dashboard, have them look for the popup shown below.  

favorite.png

Alternatively, they can search for your dashboard and click its "star icon" to make it a favorite.  Start a dashboard search here:  yourjiraurl.com/secure/ConfigurePortalPages!default.jspa?view=search

Once they have favorites, they can manage them here:   yourjiraurl.com/secure/ConfigurePortalPages!default.jspa?view=favourites

For users who don't login, I think they'll just need to bookmark the URL in their browser.

Hope this helps!

Rachel Wright

Suggest an answer