Project Lead Delete Issue but not Admin or under Permissions

Hello,

We are trying to find out why a Project Lead can delete an issue when:

1. Userid is not in the Jira-Admin group as a user.
  2. Userid does not have Admin permissions uner Roles
  3. User does not have Delete Issue permissions unders Permissions of a project
  4. Userid does not have Adminster Project  permissions or is in and admin group.

Any ideas why the userid can still delete an issue?  JIRA 5.2.4.1

2 answers

0 vote

What, exactly does the permission scheme for the project say for "Delete issue"?

Permission scheme:

Delete Issues
Ability to delete issues.
  • Group (jira-administrators)
Administer Projects
Ability to administer a project in JIRA.
  • Group (jira-administrators)

User Groups

Count: 2352
Last: Today 9:27 AM

Ok, that's broken, as your user *must* be in jira-administrators to do the delete. I'd double-check that the permission scheme is definitely the one you have applied to the project, and that you're looking at the right user, but if they're correct, you have a bug. I'd also experiment - create a permission scheme that has no delete permission at all, and apply it to the project and re-test to see if they can still delete (then put the old scheme back of course)

Thanks. Is there a way a JIRA-ADMIN can ne notified when someone deletes a issue. Our audit plugin only goes back a year but if an email is sent we can trace that to a mailbox

We get emails when a record is updated by watch we want a separate notify for email by deletes only

We do not want to go thru all the notifications schemes. Is that possible?

I'm afraid you will need to go through the notification schemes and add "email people for delete"

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,334 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot