Project Import - Attachment do not exist error

While trying to import two projects from one JIRA 6.2.1. installation to another JIRA 6.2.1. installation (physically apart), the pre-import log shows me this:

Attachments
There are more than twenty attachment entries that do not exist in the attachment directory. See your logs for full details.

Log says:
2014-03-24 12:01:23,615 JiraTaskExectionThread-22 WARN admin 721x6014x1 1ecmhva 212.178.108.82,0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /secure/admin/ProjectImportSelectProject.jspa [imports.project.handler.AttachmentFileValidatorHandler] The attachment 'kana_856721_image002[1].jpg' does not exist at '/data/jira/data/import/attachments/CES/CES-3079/10819'. It will not be imported.

I have made an export of the attachments from this folder (can be any folder): $source_JIRA_HOME/data/data/attachments

I extract the package to this location (as described in the documentation):
$target_JIRA_HOME/data/import/attachments

My attachment path defined under System in Jira:
Default Directory [/data/jira/data/data/attachments]

Map structure of attachments look like this:
[ProjectKey]/[ProjectKey]-[IssueNumber]/[FileNumber].file (sometimes it has also a 'thumbs' directory)

My target Jira runs on lunix and the jira-user had read and write acces to $JIRA_HOME

I have also tried to put the attachments in this directions:
$target_JIRA_HOME/data/jira/data/data/attachments
$target_JIRA_HOME/data/attachments

Did I forget something? How can I make this project import work with attachments?

Thanks!

2 answers

Maarten,

I see typos in those locations: attach(e)ments. That might be causing the issue.

If you change your target home as:

$target_JIRA_HOME/data/attachments

I think that might do the trick. I assume your Administration>Attachments in JIRA has the location with no "e".

Sorry for the typos in my post! I fixed them.

I didn't create any "attachments" folder in $target_JIRA_HOME, so I didn't make a type mistake.
I have checked it!

We have solved the problem!

It looks like their went something wrong during the restore or backup process. All IDs of the files where changed so the paths aren't correct anymore. I don't know what happend there, but we tried again and now it works.

I hope this post help others with the same problem!

Tried what again, exactly? Reimporting?

Like Scottie above, what did you do? Did you try backing up and then using an updated backup file? What?

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

456 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you