Project Admin

Marzi Goodarzian October 1, 2019

Hello

In a project;  Can project administrator define issue type and workflow?

Is this operationals (define issue type and workflow) on the side of JIRA administrator??

thanks

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2019

The project admin can only modify workflows that are not shared with other projects.

As always, from the admin side, giving permissions to users to do things has pros and cons, they don't need to bother you for a simple change but on the other side you lose some control. Since they only can edit their own workflows i personally think the pros are over the cons.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2019

Hello @Marzi Goodarzian 

The project administrator can only (if he have the browse Extended project administration) edit workflow under some conditions and screens.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/managing-project-permissions-938847145.html#Managingprojectpermissions-Extendedprojectpermissions

Hope this helps

0 votes
Marzi Goodarzian October 1, 2019

Hi

thanks @fran garcia gomera  and @Mohamed Benziane 

I found Delegate Pro admin plugin and this plugin do part of my jobs.

thanks very much 

Suggest an answer