Problems with Gantt-Chart plugin

Dory MELHEM May 28, 2012

Hi, I have installed JIRA Gantt-Chart plugin 1.7.5 for JIRA 5.0.4
As an administrator of JIRA I am able to access the page of this plugin when i link to a project and click on the "more" button in order to be able to click on "generate planning dates....."

However the administrator of the project are unable to do so. they get an error that the webpage "has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer."

Is this is a known issue? how can i fix it?

And another unrelated question...should we always refresh the cart in order to see new issues?

Thanks,

Dory

2 answers

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2012

Currently, I have not implemented any AJAX-based polling to request for new issues to be displayed with already drawn Gantt-Charts in order not to increase server load unnecessarily. So, you have to reload the related web-page or click on the "update"-button on the right hand side of the time period.

Regards,
Frank

Dory MELHEM June 17, 2012

Thanks a lot Frank!!

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2012

User-Case: System-Administrators as well as Project-Admins should be able to config the project-specific Gantt-settings.

Problem: System-Admins were able to do this, Project-Admins run into an authentication loop (bug).

affected versions: gantt-1.7.5 and gantt-2.0.0
fixed version: gantt-2.0.1

Please download my pre-release of 2.0.1 from my server and upload the JRA-file to your JIRA instance using the universal plugin manager. Based on this one bug only, I decided not to officially publish v2.0.1, now. Nevertheless, installing this pre-release v.2.0.1 will help you concerning the problem above immediately.

http://www.polscheit.de/plugins/jira/gantt-chart/gantt-2.0.1.jar (Saturday, June 16th 2012, 21:41h)

Regards,
Frank

Suggest an answer