Problems adding a user from Active Directory

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

I use Active Directory to manage most of my users. However, I occasionally have to add users to the JIRA internal directory if they don't exist in AD. In this case, I added a user "nickm" to the internal JIRA directory. Now he's been added to AD, so I'd like to have AD take over managing his account.

I created a temp user, moved all his issues to the temp user, deleted "nickm," and sync'd Active Directory, but nickm (from AD) is not appearing.

Any ideas? Hope that's clear enough that someone can help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

I didn't look for the user this morning before running the tests, but it passed all the tests, and then it was there in JIRA. I don't know why...maybe AD updated something overnight to get the group to "stick"?

Anyway, it's resolved. Thanks for your help.

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2013

When you test the remote directory connection, does the user 'nickm' pass all the test?

Suggest an answer