Possible problem when importing issues with higher number?

Hello,

we imported issues from another Jira into our current Jira. The users wished for the issue keys to be the same. So now we have issues with the number 1-250 and 780-1079. What happens if we reach the existing numbers with our new issues? Does Jira just continue with 1080 or does this represent a problem?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Adrian

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes

It's going to crash. Potentially very badly.

The best case is that you won't be able to create any issues in that project. The worst case is that you'll get corrupted issues and potentially a broken project too.

You might be ok if you stop Jira as soon as possible (and well before issue-780 might get created), move the project ID counter to 1080 and then restart it. Look in the "project" table for pcounter.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,864 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot