Plugin licence questions

Christian Radwanski December 12, 2019

Dear community,

I have a rather short question but can't seem to find the answer.

We are interested in buying the scriptrunner plugin for Jira server. Unfortunately our Jira Server licence has expired, currently we are awaiting for finances to prepare budgeting so this will take time.

We need the plugin right now, so the question is: can we be buy jira server plugins whilst having an expired jira server licence? or do we need to renew first?.

Other question is:
"For example, if you're running Jira Software (500 users) and Jira Service Desk (25 agents) on the same instance, you should purchase the 500-user tier for apps."

What if you have 1000 user licence on confluence, 500 software and 25 agents?. Do we buy the 500 user licence or do we need 1000 because of concluence?. (scriptrunner plugin)

Thank you in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2019

Hi @Christian Radwanski 

Have you tried buying the scriptrunner plugin? It might tell you at the point of installing it whether you can go forth or not! 

Worth a try! What is the worst that can happen?

- Mike

Christian Radwanski December 12, 2019

"Worth a try! What is the worst that can happen?"

Jira server licence gets automatically renewed before budget approval and get fired hahaha.. Sorry Mike but I like my job and the company I work for, rather not risk it.

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019

Hi @Christian Radwanski Why don't you raise a ticket with Atlassian Sales & Support and ask them. If anyone should know it would be then. 

Worth a try! What is the worst that can happen? 

-Mike

Christian Radwanski December 16, 2019

Good idea, will do thank you.

0 votes
Christian Radwanski December 16, 2019

Anyone?

Suggest an answer