Permission to create fix version while in a story

As an administrator, I can create a new version by typing it into the fix version field  of a story.  (See picture)

fix version.png

What permission allows the ability create a new fix version within a story?  I don't see it called out in the project permissions explanation that I can configure for my project.

Managing Project Permissions

Now that we are on Kanban, my team members do not have the ability to create a version on the Planning Board.  

Thanks!

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

It's a function of the Agile addon, rather than JIRA, hence it's not mentioned in the page you point to (as that is JIRA only).

It is implied there though - creating new versions is something only someone with project admin rights can do, and that permission flows into Agile.  To create a version, you have to have project admin (which also grants component, board, and user maintenance)

Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] could you please share the step, as i am new in JIRA and having admin access.

Look at the permission scheme for the project - that will tell you the rule that determines how someone gets "project admin".  Make sure your user matches that rule.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

162 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you