Odd Error when accessing JIRA

Hi,

I am getting an error when I try to access my JIRA site. The error says

"

com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.PropertyImplementationException: Unable to esablish a connection with the database

The odd thing is I haven't changed anything on the server and it was working quite literally 5 minutes ago. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Graham

4 answers

Hello,

Do you think by any chance someone changed/edit the location of the database JDBC driver? Usually this will happen to JIRA when its having trouble to load the database driver. Depending on which databases that you are using, you may want to start checking on that?

Cheers,
Joachim

The mysql connector is in the appropriate folder as well.

Well the issue is that the application was quite literally working 5 minutes ago and no one else has access to the server or db but myself. We are using MySql.

Can you connect to the database with the credentials you are using with a native database tool? Maybe password expired on the user account or was changed....

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

150 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you