It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Odd Error when accessing JIRA

jiraguy Nov 27, 2012

Hi,

I am getting an error when I try to access my JIRA site. The error says

"

com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.PropertyImplementationException: Unable to esablish a connection with the database

The odd thing is I haven't changed anything on the server and it was working quite literally 5 minutes ago. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Graham

4 answers

0 votes
Joachim Ooi Nov 27, 2012

Hello,

Do you think by any chance someone changed/edit the location of the database JDBC driver? Usually this will happen to JIRA when its having trouble to load the database driver. Depending on which databases that you are using, you may want to start checking on that?

Cheers,
Joachim

0 votes
jiraguy Nov 27, 2012

The mysql connector is in the appropriate folder as well.

0 votes
jiraguy Nov 27, 2012

Well the issue is that the application was quite literally working 5 minutes ago and no one else has access to the server or db but myself. We are using MySql.

0 votes
Andrew Morin Nov 27, 2012

Can you connect to the database with the credentials you are using with a native database tool? Maybe password expired on the user account or was changed....

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Introducing subtasks for breaking down work in next-gen projects

Teams break work down in order to help simplify complex tasks. This is often done iteratively, with tasks being broken down into smaller tasks and so on until the work is accurately captured in well-...

11,941 views 55 57
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you