It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Numerical fields sum and comparison

Hi all,

We are going to install Jira Server and we would like to make the following verification if it is possible:

Premise - there are multiple sub-issues related to one issue

1. Make automatically (every time a new sub-issue is created) the sum of the value of the numerical custom field "quotation" of the different sub-issues and report the sum into the numerical custom field "sub-issues quotations" of the issue "father"
  2. Compare the value of the field "sub-issues quotations" with the value of the numerical custom field "father quotation" (manually filled) that are both into the father issue and:
    • If the value of the "sub-issues quotations" field is greater of the field "father quotation" marks the "sub-issues quotations" field in red
    • Otherwise, if the value of the "sub-issues quotations" is lower or equal to the value of "father quotation" field nothing happens

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Yes, you can achieve this level of automation with Automation for JIRA plugin. It has all the conditions you need. Not sure if you need the paid version. 

Thank you,

I will check and I will give you feedback.

Hi Gianni,

Did you find a way to implement this requirement? I have a similar one so was just wondering. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you