Numerical fields sum and comparison

Gianni Minicozzi August 26, 2019

Hi all,

We are going to install Jira Server and we would like to make the following verification if it is possible:

Premise - there are multiple sub-issues related to one issue

1. Make automatically (every time a new sub-issue is created) the sum of the value of the numerical custom field "quotation" of the different sub-issues and report the sum into the numerical custom field "sub-issues quotations" of the issue "father"
  2. Compare the value of the field "sub-issues quotations" with the value of the numerical custom field "father quotation" (manually filled) that are both into the father issue and:
    • If the value of the "sub-issues quotations" field is greater of the field "father quotation" marks the "sub-issues quotations" field in red
    • Otherwise, if the value of the "sub-issues quotations" is lower or equal to the value of "father quotation" field nothing happens

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2019

Yes, you can achieve this level of automation with Automation for JIRA plugin. It has all the conditions you need. Not sure if you need the paid version. 

Gianni Minicozzi August 27, 2019

Thank you,

I will check and I will give you feedback.

Shradha Mantri December 18, 2019

Hi Gianni,

Did you find a way to implement this requirement? I have a similar one so was just wondering. 

Suggest an answer