Not able to assign user to Project

I have created 1 project which should be accessed by limited people. For this I have created a Group and have add those users in that group. 

But now I am not able to give access of my project to that group. 

1 answer

HI @Poonam Tripathi

Welcome to the community!

Add that group to Browse Project and Create issue permission and associate the permission schemer to the respective project so that the user belongs to that group they will be able to see the project and able to create issue into it.

Thank you @Yogesh Mude, I have added that group to Browse Project and Create issue permission. And  added my group to "Browse Projects" and "Create issue" category in permission scheme, but still the Project is not visible in that user board.

:( :( :(

HI @Poonam Tripathi

You need to add your group (to which you want to assign) in Browse project permission in permission scheme.

Can you please attach the permission scheme and the project summary screenshot.

have check in "Permission helper", it says user has access to the 'Browse Projects' permission, 

But when I am doing "login as user" to check his dashboard, msg is coming "You don't have the "Browse projects"" permission.  SS attached. jira_issue.PNGjira_issue_1.PNG

Joe Pitt Community Champion Jul 07, 2018

Can you add the user to any other project? If no, it may be a corrupted user. If yes then Re-index and try. It sometimes helps. It's the first step when something doesn't work that should. 

Then look to see if there is a plug-in that could be a issue. 

If those don't work open a ticket with Atlassian support.

Not sure about corrupt user, but my user is able to view either all projects or none. 

Steps I have followed here:

For Project:

I have created new project permission schemes and associated that with my project (ProjectA)

Now under Browse Project I have added my user - lipi

Under Project Setting:

People - Have added my user

But nothing worked out. Please help.

If possible I am ready to do all steps again from fresh start.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

109 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you