Not able to assign user to Project

Poonam Tripathi July 6, 2018

I have created 1 project which should be accessed by limited people. For this I have created a Group and have add those users in that group. 

But now I am not able to give access of my project to that group. 

1 answer

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2018

HI @Poonam Tripathi

Welcome to the community!

Add that group to Browse Project and Create issue permission and associate the permission schemer to the respective project so that the user belongs to that group they will be able to see the project and able to create issue into it.

Thank you @Yogesh Mude, I have added that group to Browse Project and Create issue permission. And  added my group to "Browse Projects" and "Create issue" category in permission scheme, but still the Project is not visible in that user board.

:( :( :(

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2018

HI @Poonam Tripathi

You need to add your group (to which you want to assign) in Browse project permission in permission scheme.

Can you please attach the permission scheme and the project summary screenshot.

have check in "Permission helper", it says user has access to the 'Browse Projects' permission, 

But when I am doing "login as user" to check his dashboard, msg is coming "You don't have the "Browse projects"" permission.  SS attached. jira_issue.PNGjira_issue_1.PNG

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2018

Can you add the user to any other project? If no, it may be a corrupted user. If yes then Re-index and try. It sometimes helps. It's the first step when something doesn't work that should. 

Then look to see if there is a plug-in that could be a issue. 

If those don't work open a ticket with Atlassian support.

Poonam Tripathi July 7, 2018

Not sure about corrupt user, but my user is able to view either all projects or none. 

Steps I have followed here:

For Project:

I have created new project permission schemes and associated that with my project (ProjectA)

Now under Browse Project I have added my user - lipi

Under Project Setting:

People - Have added my user

But nothing worked out. Please help.

If possible I am ready to do all steps again from fresh start.

Suggest an answer