Next Gen Project Reporting

Deleted user November 19, 2018

I like the idea of using the Next Gen Projects, but I noticed that there are currently only the two reporting options available: Burnup and Velocity. 

Are those really the only 2 types of reports that are supported for Next Gen Projects?

Are more in the roadmap to be added?

15 answers

2 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2018

Hi @[deleted]

We're definitely interested in introducing more report. To help us ship ones that matter most to you could you tell us which reports you are looking for and why? 

Cheers,

Erika Sa

Atlassian Product Manager

Deleted user November 19, 2018

I would like to have simple, customizable reports: bar charts & pie charts sorted by Labels, Epics, etc

Like # people like this
Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2018

Thanks for such a quick reply! Could you give me a few examples of what questions you'll try to answer with these charts and why they are important? 

Like James Morgan likes this
Darren Lyons November 20, 2018

I'd like to be able to measure lead time, cycle time and how long each ticket spends in each column/status to be able to identify bottlenecks and areas for improvement.

leadtimes3.png

Like # people like this
Allison Hytha December 11, 2018

I would love Epic level reporting of progress by issue status via progress bar, just like the dashboard of the older version of Jira. The epic level reporting currently in production isn't accurately reflecting issues as done, and is not broken out by status. It is critical for tracking work leading up to a release.

Like # people like this
McLean December 17, 2018

Overall, it would be nice if there was a "Reporting" module that could allow users to pull their own metrics as needed across projects and Jira solutions.  Having some additional standard reports that allow basic filtering capabilities would be beneficial (All projects with Issue Status % calculation, Project specific with Issue status % calculation, Epic level reporting, etc…. I have recently come across the eazyBI Add-On and think this type of functionality should be built into Jira.  Given the data needs today, this is more and more important.  As a new Jira user, I was admittedly surprised at the limited reporting capabilities available.

Like # people like this
nsontag February 28, 2019

The lack of a time tracking report is the main thing that is holding me back form using next gen JIRA projects.

It can be just the same as the current time tracking report, except I would love to also be able to filter it by Epics instead of just versions.

Like # people like this
Will Gill March 7, 2019

I would like to see issues created reports and cycle time

Like # people like this
Panos Spiliotis March 7, 2019

Same here, the severe lack of reporting is keeping us from using Jira next-gen. First and foremost: a proper Burndown chart.

Thanks

Like # people like this
heatherk@blattnerenergy.com March 20, 2019

Oh, my goodness!  I'd love to have more report options, such as: Cumulative Flow Diagram and Epic Report specifically.

Like # people like this
Jiri Bartl March 28, 2019

is it just me who miss the sprint report? How do you guys look back in history to find simple list of user stories scoped in previous sprints?

Like # people like this
Amy Wilkinson March 29, 2019

We need the Cumulative Flow Diagram as well!

Like # people like this
Andrew Webster April 23, 2019

Would really like to use the pie chart report or anything that can report on items filtered by label.

Like # people like this
Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
June 6, 2019

Hi @Darren Lyons heatherk@blattnerenergy.com @Amy Wilkinson

We are actually kicking off work on cumulative flow diagram for next-gen, and would love to organise a short 30-minutes session with you to make sure that we are understanding your team's needs.

If you could make it sometime in the next 2 weeks, that will be great!

Karine Jannetta June 11, 2019

As @Jiri Bartl mentioned above, the Sprint Report would be very high on my priority list. Along with time tracking report related to issue level, epic level, etc.

Like # people like this
Dan Brandon August 15, 2019

It would be great if we could get a simple issues report.  Some people that need to see the scope of work in projects are not going to log into JIRA to see it. 

Like Becky Magaw likes this
David Drake September 17, 2019

+1 to Jiri Bartl here.  The whole Next-Gen JIRA tool is almost invalidated by not having a Sprint Report.  All I need is an easy way to look back and see which stories were done and not done in our sprints.  Can this be prioritized for future release?!

Like Ashleigh Innes likes this
Leonardo Francisco December 4, 2019

In next-gen projects you can go to "Sprint Burndown Chart" and there you'll be able to see "Scope Change Logs", "Incomplete Issues" and "Completed Issues" just after the graph. Also, right in the beginning of the page you can filter through the sprints, even the past ones.

Cindy Kangas March 24, 2020

We are using a next gen project for bugs.  We created an issue type to track is it related to people, process or technology.  I would like to extract a report of all bugs to understand which items we need to add to our training.

Nick September 14, 2020

Is it possible to have the next-gen reports available in confluence to use as a dynamic dashboard on our product team's space? Would love to insert the burndown chart by issue count within each sprint report page. From the Overview page I would want to use the velocity report and cumulative report

Couthaïer FARFRA July 13, 2022

Wiveez allow you to product a lot of report as Lead Time, Reaction Time, Cycle Time, Scrum Predictability, ...

https://wiveez.com/fr/

Like Greg Jankowski likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
August 15, 2019

Hi everyone, you would be pleased to note that we just shipped the 1st report for Kanban teams this week. Check it out! https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Introducing-our-first-Kanban-report-for-next-gen-projects/ba-p/1152420

We are also kicking off work on the Burndown Chart report the week after next week, keep a lookout! :) 

Greg Jankowski August 29, 2019

@Ivan Teong Can you give us any information on other reports?

In particular, a sprint report.

Like # people like this
Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
October 2, 2019

@Greg Jankowski you'd be pleased to know that we have released a brand new experience that will fulfill your needs (and better) for the sprint report: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/We-are-reinventing-the-Sprint-burndown-for-next-gen-projects/ba-p/1192403

nsontag October 3, 2019

Glad you guys are getting to the reports!

is there a plan to add/rebuild the time tracking report? This report is awesome in Jira Classic, but it really needs to be applicable to epics, and maybe even other groupings in addition to versions

Like # people like this
John Callaghan October 30, 2019

+1 for time tracking, would love to see this added to reports - in a perfect world it time tracking reports would be addeed to user progiles or across projects too so each team member could easily see how they're overall spending their time.

Like # people like this
9 votes
Deleted user April 15, 2019

We now live in a world where Jira classic supports reporting but does not report roadmaps and next-gen supports roadmaps but with no reporting. Trello supports roadmaps and reporting...

Sioned Owen August 29, 2019

I concur. The reason we switched over to next gen was for the road mapping tool and integration of epics down to task level. We also really need reporting on issues at a user level for more granularity in identifying our blockers.

Like # people like this
3 votes
Lisa McNab May 24, 2019

Sprint report and burn-down across multiple next-gen projects on one board

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
October 2, 2019

@Lisa McNab

you'd be pleased to know that we have released a brand new experience that will fulfill your needs (and better) for the sprint report and burndown!

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/We-are-reinventing-the-Sprint-burndown-for-next-gen-projects/ba-p/1192403

3 votes
Damian Romard April 15, 2019

I don't think we should have to pay extra to achieve (report variety) parity with JIRA classic. 

3 votes
Priya Premkumar April 1, 2019

Are there any updates on this?  I cannot get my org to move to new JIRA without this.

2 votes
Olivia Quakenbush June 14, 2019

Sprint Report and Epic report would be the most useful for us.

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
October 2, 2019

@Olivia Quakenbush you'd be pleased to know that we have released a brand new experience that will fulfill your needs (and better) for the sprint report!

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/We-are-reinventing-the-Sprint-burndown-for-next-gen-projects/ba-p/1192403

Olivia Quakenbush October 3, 2019

Oooohhh thank you, I will go check it out!!

1 vote
Pierangelo Rothenbühler February 28, 2020

Hey Atlassian, do you plan to support version reports for scrum boards in next gen projects? That would be great, thank you. 

1 vote
Jerry Ward September 5, 2019

We are looking for a Sprint Report.  Particularly since there is no way currently to view the sprint goals for a completed sprint.

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
October 2, 2019

@Jerry Ward you'd be pleased to know that we have released a brand new experience that will fulfill your needs (and better) for the sprint report!

Jerry Ward October 8, 2019

If you are accepting enhancement requests I would like to see the report total the story point values for me.

1 vote
Jim Donahue May 29, 2019

Are Cumulative Flow Diagrams available for Kanban?

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
June 6, 2019

We are actually kicking off work on cumulative flow diagram for next-gen, and would love to organise a short 30-minutes session with you to make sure that we are understanding your team's needs.

If you could make it sometime in the next 2 weeks, that will be great!

Like Sharee Van Rooyen likes this
1 vote
Damian Romard April 9, 2019

I'd like to see the Sprint Report

Sami Linnanvuo {Screenful}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 9, 2019

Our srprint report looks like this:

Sprint.png

Like # people like this
Lisa McNab May 24, 2019

How are you creating this for a next gen project?

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 24, 2019

Hi Lisa, 

You need to first enable Sprints in your next gen project and start a sprint. Then signup for a free trial in Screenful and pick your next gen project as the datasource for your dashboard. When your dashboard is loaded, navigate to the Sprint view. That's it. 

Lisa McNab May 24, 2019

I thought you were doing through dashboard mentioned in an earlier comment.  I didn't realise it was another add-in.  Thanks for the quick response, something to look in to.

Maria Grazia Arienta November 12, 2019

@Sami Linnanvuo does Screenful also support Jira next-gen?

We are evaluating to migrate from Trello to Jira next-gen, so it would be great if we could continue to use Screenful, it is a great app and it really solve the gaps of Trello for sprint handling and reporting

Thanks!

Marketplace Partner
November 13, 2019

@Maria Grazia Arienta Screenful supports also Jira next-gen projects. You can even have dashboards for Trello and Jira mixed in the same account so you can give it a try with your current account already before you make a switch :)

Maria Grazia Arienta November 13, 2019

Great! I will try 

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2020

Hey Atlassian Team!

One of my PMs has asked me to investigate whether next gen project can support a control chart (the one available on classic projects).  I see that it's not one of the 4 currently supported, I'm just wondering if it's on the roadmap or if I should further investigate a 3rd party solution.

Thanks!

0 votes
noam Kochavi June 20, 2019

where do i find the 2 reports that are available and where do i find the export/ filtering option ? 

Dave Haynes August 1, 2019

I would like to know the same... I don't see the Burnup and Velocity reports the original poster mentioned. I don't see any report options at all for my next-gen project...

Dave Haynes August 1, 2019

Hey, wait, I just found it. Project Settings > Features > turn on Reports

Like # people like this
Miguel Fenoglio August 22, 2019

Thanks! I was wondering the exact same thing. Weird that they are disabled to begin with. 

I add my +1 to the usual Sprint Report... I don't understand why Next-Gen projects are so limited when it comes to reporting. Surely it can't be that hard to port classic reports into NextGen.

Like Loren Robeck likes this
Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
October 2, 2019

@Miguel Fenoglio you'd be pleased to know that we have released a brand new experience that will fulfill your needs (and better) for the sprint report!

0 votes
Lisa Lane April 17, 2019

I need a version report, the time issues are in a given state report would also be useful.

Marketplace Partner
May 24, 2019

The time issues spend on a given state is reported by our Time in State chart:
time_in_state.png
It shows the columns in your Kanban board and the time each issue has stayed in those columns before they were completed. Only completed issues are included in the calculation. You can learn more from the Tour page.  

0 votes
Marketplace Partner
April 8, 2019

The Screenful Dashboard for Jira can provide most of the reports mentioned in this thread for the next-gen projects, including:

• Burndown and burnup charts
  • Line charts, bar charts
  • Lead and cycle time measurements
  • Epic progress
  • Work done charts
  • And much more

Here's an example of the Lead time dashboard:

Timing.png

nsontag April 8, 2019

How is this marked as solved? There still isn't any of the native reporting in the new JIRA projects...

Like # people like this
Greg Jankowski June 3, 2019

Agreed, this is NOT solved.

Can this question be reopened?

Damian Romard June 3, 2019

This is not solved.

It's been turned into an infomercial for a paid product, and that was not what some of us want. We're looking for the same level of native project reporting in Next Gen projects that JIRA Classic offers.

@erika sa Can you re-open this? 

Like # people like this
Sandra Ware June 11, 2019

Yes Please.  Please someone advise on how to get the OOTB reports for next gen projects.. There should be canned reports without a lot of configuration.

Like Greg Jankowski likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events