Modify components in jira service desk

Neha Damania November 13, 2018

I am trying to do the same but not sure where the list is coming from. in the jira service desk project in cloud i do not see any components on the project panne. i see the default values pre populated as per attached screen but need to modify them. 

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user November 14, 2018

Hi @Neha Damania,

From the screenshot, it's not clear if you are using components or some other custom field available inside your JIRA system. JIRA Service desk allows you to have display names which can have a different field name on the JIRA Side. For example, the Summary field appears as What do you need? for customers. In order to find the exact field which you are referring you need to go to request types page.

In your service desk project, select Settings and then Request types. (respective request type from which you are seeing this field)

Click on the link Edit field to see the fields which is used on the customer portal and from there you will be able to see the display name Select application when you click on the field name you will be able to see the associated JIRA field name.

If you are using the component field please follow the below steps.

Choose Project Settings.
Choose Components in the left menu. The Components page is displayed, showing a list of components and each component's details. From here you can manage the project's components (ie add or remove components).

Regards,

Vijay Ramamurthy

Neha Damania November 14, 2018

Thanks Vijay, this is sorted. 

benvindo.marial January 16, 2020

Thanks this helps 

Suggest an answer