Missing option post function

K M May 7, 2021

According to https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-advanced-issue-workflows/#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-postfunctions it should be possible to create a post function of type `Update Issue Custom Field`. However, I can't find it on my JIRA Server (8.13.1). Is this only available on JIRA Cloud? if not, how do I enable it?

1 answer

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

Hi,

You're right, this is only for Cloud. In server i use a plugin like Scriptrunner to achieve this

K M May 7, 2021

Ahh.. ok. Thanks a  lot! I think the docs should be updated in this case. Because it is not clear at first glance.

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

The URL show you if you looking at server or cloud. And on the top of the page you can see if you're on cloud or server

K M May 7, 2021

Ah.. I see now. Somehow I overlooked that.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

Cloud has a couple of apps installed as part of the standard offering, one of them provides "update custom field".  But Server does not include them automatically, so you'll need to find and add one.  Scriptrunner is a good option (I would say that, I work for Adaptavist), but there are several which provide "update custom field" in the marketplace.

Suggest an answer