Migrating from HSQLDB to SQL Server on trial, will it pick up all my configurations on restore?

Joanne March 10, 2015

I have been reading through the steps required and for restore I noticed it mentions -  Before you begin, make sure you have the password to a login in the backup file that has the JIRA System Administrator global permission.

What backup file is this? I do not want to backup DB, delete dbconfig, run wizard to connect to new DB only to find I can't restore.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2015

The method you are using to transfer your data is to export all the data from one system, as a big xml file, and use it to create a new system (or overwrite a target system).  You will want to ensure that you have global admin rights for your account in the source system because after you do the import, all your users from the source system will be active in the target system, and you really really do need admin access to your new system!

Joanne March 10, 2015

Makes sense:-) I was reading it to be more complicated than it was! Thanks

Suggest an answer