Migrate from crowd to jira internal

How can I migrate all my users that were created in crowd to the Jira internal database? I'd like to stop using crowd and just utilize the internal database that Jira provides. What are the steps to do so?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

If you synchronize your user directories between JIRA and Crowd, the user data from Crowd should be present in the JIRA internal directory. From here, you should only need to remove or disable Crowd. Please refer to this page for more details.

Hello Mick,

I'd like to revive this question. I see Crowd set as an external directory and I am logged in with an admin user from the JIRA internal directory. You are saying when I deactivate Crowd now, all the users and groups are in the JIRA cache and will be synchronized to the internal directory? I am not sure if I understand this correctly.

Hi Mick,

As far as I know the migration from Crowd to JIRA internal directory invoke some complicated steps (or database hack) to change the directory id etc.

Can you explain more on this?

Hello, I'd like to know in details these steps. Did you find them? Regards, Nicolas.

This widget could not be displayed.

And it's still an issue.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

292 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you