Migrate from Linux to Windows

Ryan Nanney
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 1, 2019

We need to move Jira and Confluence off of an active Linux based system to Windows.  The Linux system was set up by our previous IT and we have limited Linux experience.  I have reviewed the instructions provided by Atlassian and they are pretty weak.  I was hoping to find a better step by step guide to complete this task.

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2019

The migration is pretty straight forward for Jira, you create a xml backup, install and setup Jira/Confluence on your new server, import the xml backup and the attachments from the old server to the new and you should be all good to go. You can find the instructions for Jira here, Migrating Jira applications to another server. Confluence is a bit different, since you need to do some changes to the configuration, but it follows almost the same thing. Do a xml backup to move the database, setup your new server, including making changes to the configuration, see Migrating Confluence Between Servers, and also Migrating to Another Database

Suggest an answer