Merging a custom fields with the label field

David Dube
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2011

Hi...

I have an instance where someone added a custom field that is used for tagging issues... essentially the same thing as the Labels field. I'd like to append "move" anything stored in the custom (tag/label) field into the default label field, and then delete the custom field.

With the "moving" of data... I'm not wanting to over-write the label field... I'd prefer to append the data to what may already be there in the label field (if anything at all).

Is there an easy way to do this?

Dave

2 answers

0 votes
David Dube
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2011

See comment (response to Luciano) above

0 votes
LucianoL September 8, 2011

Hi,

Previously JIRA 4.2 the labels were a plugin, and now it's embeeded in JIRA. Please take look at the following article that points on how to merge the old labels with the new one. Should be similar to your case!

* http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Merging+Labels+into+the+Default+%27Labels%27+Field+After+4.2+Upgrade

Regards,

Luciano Correa

Senior Support Engineer

David Dube
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2011

That may work for a standalone instance of Jira. Since my instance is hosted by Atlassian (Studio), I don't have access to SQL. I ended up merging the two fields manually, and getting rid of one of the fields.

Suggest an answer