Making 'Work Log' mandatory

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2012

Hi All

I need to make 'Time Spent' mandatory in all steps of a workflow.

The issue I face here is, when I DO NOT enter the value in to 'Time Spent' from the first trasition my validator works fine. But If I entered Time Spent in first Step, the validator fails in the all other steps. The reason is, Field already has a value from the First Transition.

FYI : I use JIRA 4.4.1

Any work around to over come this ?

Thanks, Vishnu

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2012

Have you tried making Log Work field required (via Field Configuration (Scheme))? Then logging work should be mandatory on every screen, including (I am afraid) issue creation screen.

Alternatively one can devise a small plugin which would inject into a page small javascript file which will make sure that whenever Log Work field is displayed it's non-empty on form submit.

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2012

Cool... Thanks a lot. It works. But we have to add 'Log Work' to screens and make it required in Field Configurations.

Issue creation happens as usual.

Like mohammad shafiei likes this
Victor Alvarez November 16, 2017

We have Log Work field required, but there is always someone who skips it by putting a single character in the description, such as - _ or a simple space.
It is possible to set a minimum of characters, to prevent anyone from putting a description of 1 single character?

Suggest an answer