Link to Issue in another Jira Instance without application/project linking

Hello

A partner of us have his one JIRA Instance,
connecting this two is not possible (access only over vpn, only one user, and so one...)

I would like to add a field to my issue which automatically created a link from an issue id

Example:

In our project we have a issue "Intern-1234" there should be a field/link to the extern JIRAProject/Issue "cust-432"

Is there a custom field which creates a link from a text ("cust-432" would be https://jira.instance.org/cust/cust-432

Or is the only way to use the existing Weblink feature?

regards

Norbert

2 answers

You could use a scripted field that create a dinamic link concatenating static stringe and the issue key. For example "https://jira.instance.org/" + your_issuekey

Antonio

0 vote

The best way is to use the weblink feature.  Or you could write a field that accepts cust-432 and renders it with the extra text so it comes out as a url (I'd use the script runner to do something along those lines)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

56 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you