LDAP groups don't appear in group list for sharing

Beverly Flegel February 25, 2013

When managing a filter and choosing "Add Shares -> Group", the group choices displayed are not our LDAP groups & that's our primary directory. I cannot seem to edit the groups listed and it seems to be a rather random pick of groups.

How can I affect the groups that are displayed when managing filters?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zul NS [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2013

A user can share the filter only to the groups that they are in.

Beverly Flegel February 25, 2013

I accept this answer in terms of the current logic, but I find that this is a fundamental flaw. I'm a JIRA admin and am tasked with creating filters & dashboards for our Senior Management group. Any admin should be able to assign a filter to any group without having to be in it. Seems like this could just be opened up.

Martin_Schlatzer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 6, 2018

I completely aggree with this. Is there any chance of this beeing changed? @Zul NS [Atlassian]

Zul NS [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2018

@Martin_Schlatzer no changes around this so far. Seems we have an open request on this in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-15900

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events