We are trying to connect to our LDAP server. All of the settings have been verified by our sysadmin. But when we go to test the settings, JIRA returns user not found. This isn't an LDAP error code and its not showing up in the logs.
Any ideas to what is happening? We use OpenLDAP and have verified the fields. Is there anyway we figure out why no users are being returned?
Well, we just figured it out. The issue came down to our user object filter. For those who may be having the same issue we changed the user object filter to this: (&(cn=*)(objectclass=user))
Instead of cn=%u, I am not sure why that wasn't returning the right user as users would log in with their cn. I was under the assumption that the %u would be the username during log in.
If you guys have any additional info as to why %u vs * made a difference, I'd love to know.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs