Keep fields in sync (parent-child, subtask etc.)

Hey,

just a quick one:

What's the best way to keep field values in sync, meaning parent values in subtasks, values in certain linked issues etc...statuses across projects.

There are plugins (e.g. smart linking plugin) that can do parts of what I want but not everything. The other thing I've tried are scripted fields but they kind of duplicate values and I would have to create a lot of them...Post-functions aswell but I'd need the fields/statuses updated instantly.

Are listeners the way to go? I mean I would have to create a few but searching all over (Answers aswell) in general that was the preferred answer...

It would be great to simply have a "view" of a field that's part of another isse. I guess many of you are facing that problem...

4 answers

You can use the EXOCET plugin, it has a possibility for sychronization.

That's the smart linking plugin I was referring to :-) Right now I don't have the possibility to update JIRA and the newest version is for JIRA 5.1 and upwards...

Well the predecessor (LNIO) of this plugin does not have this sync feature. So, was worth a try. Hope you find what you need until you can upgrade your JIRA.

... Or try JJUpin. With the Live Fields feature you can synchonize some fields for sure directly on editing them. Listeners are also a valid approach. In the end, this solution is flexible .... and can do what you want, I guess.

have a look at Slingshot Updatefields. It's a Configurable Listener for exactly your usecase. It's published to work for 5.1-5.2, what version are you on, cause there is a good chance it will work on lower versions. (disclosure: I'm the author)

Hey, I'll give it a try:-)

Hello, Which JIRA version do you have? You may try https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.obss.plugin.fieldSync if it's suits you Feedback is always welcome :)

Hey, I tried this, but I am missing the synchromizsation from subtask to parent issue (it works the other way around). Do you know anything about that?

Actually plugin is meant to work that way but it's a good point. Next version will have this feature =)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,815 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot