JiraBot for Slack sending multiple notifications to channel

It appears that anytime someone comments on a given ticket within a project connected to Slack, JiraBot is sending duplicate notifications to the channel it is connected too.  At first I thought a second webhook was open but I cannot pinpoint if this is the problem. I have removed the integration multiple times and reinstalled yet still encounter the same thing. Note: This is only happening when someone comments*

If anyone has experienced this or knows of a way to try and resolve, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

3 answers

We're experiencing the same issue. We noticed it late last week or early this week.

I too attempted all the things OP tried but was not able to resolve it. 

Some additional information:

• I managed to find a few tickets that, if I commented on, only provided one notification on Slack. 
  • Not sure if that has to do with when they were created (since they are one of the oldest issues in the backlog), or the type/priority that they are (the issues that had custom icon/priorities only had one notification).

We're also seeing the same thing.  We've attempted all of the same sleuthing and testing, but have been unable to resolved this.

0 vote

Update: It appears this has been resolved. Here's a link to the bug report:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-68452?_ga=2.212848658.723057185.1516210035-243150372.1512760008

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,252 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot