Jira requires multiple login attempts

sylvia ganovska September 6, 2012

A Jira instance was connected to AD last week. Currently some users need to try 5-6 attempts before they could log in on the server successfully. What could be the reason for such wired behavior?

Thank you!

4 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2012

Do a tail -f of atlassian-jira.log and atlassian-jira-security.log and check what is happening when the user is logging in.

0 votes
Amy Biasella
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2012

Go to Admin -> User Directories and make sure "Jira Internal Directory" is disabled if unused or lower priority if used.

Khôi Trần September 17, 2017

Thanks Amy, it worked for me. But I wonder how it is like that, I imagine Jira should searches every single user directory for the authen. Can anybody explain please

0 votes
Malayathi Reddy September 6, 2012

Can you try with this format "domainname\AD_account_username". User-name should be same in AD & JIRA.

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2012

Have a look in the logs. Could be network connectivity issues between Jira and AD.

Suggest an answer