Jira dropdown not working

Bryan Nance January 6, 2020

Some of the dropdown menus are not working in our Jira QA environment. The Dashboards, Projects, Issues, Boards and Portfolios dropdowns are all not working, while the Time in SLA, Git, AIO Tableau, and Time in Status are all working. It is the same in all browsers and for multiple users. Any thoughts on why this might be happening?

2 answers

0 votes
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2020

Hi @Bryan Nance , 

You may want to try running Jira in safe mode and verify if the issue persists. 

This will help you narrow down the root cause by eliminating the possibility that this is caused by one of the plugins. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/upm/disabling-and-enabling-apps-273875716.html#Disablingandenablingapps-Disablingorenablingallapps(usingSafeMode)

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2020

Already performed a full re-index. I noticed that while it was indexing, I was temporarily able to access the dropdown (although I received some errors when trying to create a new issue), but once the index finished, the same issue occurred.  We're not having any issue with Production, so not sure there's an issue with Performance, but will have someone look into it.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2020

What errors were you seeing while creating issue @Bryan Nance 

I was able to access the dropdown menu and go to the other screens, but I wasn't able to actually save a new issue/project/board.

Stu October 13, 2021

Any updates on this?

Suggest an answer