Jira delete activity event not shown in Activity Stream

Thayne Munson June 14, 2022

I have read many posts about deleting Jira issues and not having a recovery point (at least not an easily one).  I am less concerned about the actual delete than I am about the Who and the When.  I attempted to look through the Activity Stream to see the event of an issue being deleted.  First I created an issue and then reviewed the Activity Stream.  It showed my create event as I expected.  I then deleted the issue but when I went back to the Activity Stream there was no mention of the delete, or my original create event.  I would expect to see both events.  Are there any options or configuration that I need to do in order to see a delete event?

Thanks, Thayne MunsonCapture.PNGCapture2.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

Hi @Thayne Munson , as the deleted issue no longer exists, there is no log of it.

There's a third-party app that gives you a log of deleted issues:

Deleted Issues Log 

Thayne Munson June 14, 2022

Thanks Dave.  So it sounds like even though there is a event logged when the issue is created, the delete function effectively deletes the original create event?  Does that sound correct?

Thanks, Thayne. 

Suggest an answer