Jira custom field colour option

Hi All,

I need to have a cascading select list field where the cascading option of one of value should be a colour. for eg . Project -> Atlas -> Red/Amber/Green. Where Red, Amber or Green should appear as a colour.

Is this possible to acheive in Jira?

Thanks and Regards,

Jenin

6 answers

This one is a select list, I need a cascading select list

Actually, the colour is not for the project but its for the sub-values of a cascading select list fields.

Like I say, there is a cascading select list field i.e ProjectStatus which has a value say ProjectX..now the subvalues for this Project X should be Red, Green or Amber so I need instead of displaying subvalue as Red, I will have a red colour getting displayed on the screen so if I select subvalue as Red, on my view issue screen it should be displaying this colour.

If I understand what you are saying. You want different colours for different projects? you could configure your board card colours by queries and set a jql expression for each project and give each a separate colour. project = "project a" have the colour be red... and so on.

Not the field but the sub-value of the cascading select list field as colour.

So do you want the actual field to be the colour or is it ok for the issue to appear with a colour on the side in the tag section?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,932 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot