Jira Installation

Zulkernan ahmed February 3, 2020

I have managed to install jira v8.6 on our new windows 2016 server and have also connected to our existing database.

I am trying to add our current licences to the new installation, how do I do this? In your installation guide it says “If you already have a license key you'll be prompted to log in to my.atlassian.com to retrieve it, or you can enter the key manually during setup.”  I was never prompted and there was no option to enter the key manually at set up.

Can you help?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2020

@Zulkernan ahmed  Welcome to the Community!

If you are connected to existing database, and have used old Jira Home you don't need to update License in new installation.

You can check details of your license,

• Gear ICON (top-right) -> Applications
  • Versions & licenses
Zulkernan ahmed February 3, 2020

what do  you mean by "used old Jira home" ?

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2020

@Zulkernan ahmed  by old Jira home I mean home folder of existing instance (I got this implication that you are upgrading your Jira as you have mentioned about existing database).

If my assumption is not correct, please visit 'version & licenses' screen and you will be guided from there.

You can also take a look at this guide - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/licensing-your-jira-applications-938847718.html

Suggest an answer