Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Jira Export Custom Fields to Excel

Hi, is there any way to export custom fields along with their values to excel? Please suggest an addon(if any) for this

7 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Better Excel Exporter supports all built-in system fields, all built-in custom fields and the majority of the popular 3rd party custom field types.

You can try free if this fits your use case.

e22d75cc-9165-493a-81b4-bd223e2a428c

I'm confused.

You can directly export the issues and have the custom field values embedded (as direct values only, not reference).

Though, if you wish, you can of course directly query in the database.

You only need to check 3 tables. 

Indeed.  Run a filter for the issues you want to see the custom field values for, choose the right columns, export to CSV, and open the result in Excel.  It's built in, you don't need add-ons or anything

Hi Nic, the filter works fine, but while excel exporting, all the fields for all the issues along with issue details, default and custom fields get printed in the excel sheet. My requirement stands still: I want to export only custom fields(values and definition) being used in my Jira instance to an excel file. Please guide

Like Luanna Gobbato likes this

Same answer - choose the columns you want in the export and export it to CSV - you should have seen the "CSV (current fields)" right next to the "CSV (all fields)" option you've used before.

If we have more than 1000 custom fields, just want to export only certain kinds of fields(like picker kind of or date kind of), is it possible with this solution?

Yes, although it's not done by type, you have to choose the columns you want to download.

Hi

may i now the exact filter u used to extract the custem fields in jira cloud

Filters do not extract custom fields, they give you a list of issues that match a query.

For an "extract", you probably want to use "export" in the issue navigator, which can give you all the fields that it is currently displaying when it show your list of results.

Use the database.

You can either connect directly to it, or use a SQL addon.

If am not mistaken something like "SQL Driver for JIRA"

No.  Do not.  The query required for even the most basic issue download is hideous and this way lies madness.

Like Kim Paulson likes this

I do it all the time and have no problem at all

Like Lukas Payer likes this

Is there a way to export it without it saying "Custom field" in the spreadsheet? I am trying to export but it keeps listing as follows: Custom field (item name). 

Is there any builty in option to extratct all the custem fields in my instance . if exist then please give a conclusion or this

Hi

There are other export-AddOns too - we use

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.xpandit.plugins.jiraxporter/cloud/overview

and are very sattisfied

Does this app allow a dump of all custom fields regardless of issueID? I'm not seeing a way to use this to pull all CustomFields that are in my instance.

Hi @Hemanshu Sood

You can check this app in the marketplace:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.deiser.jira.exporter/server/overview

This app will give you a lot of different functionalities to export your data from jira.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you