1) I have a custom field of Free text field type (CField). For one of the issue custom field value is "ABC:2012.04.04".
If i use following JQL the issue is returned.
CField ~ "ABC:2012.01.04"
Using following query returns nothing. Any idea why?
CField ~ "ABC:2012.01.0*"
2) For some of the issues I have "..." in custom field value.
e.g. "6.30:2012.9.5.0 ...".
How can i search issues having "..." value?
I tried following queries, but no result.
CField ~ "..."
CField ~ "\\.\\.\\."
personally, I'd say this is a bug but I think Atlassian see it as a "undocumented feature". I think it's due to the search engine (lucene) and how it strips characters like '.' and ':' out of searches. Sounds like it won't be fixed.
JQL search unable to parse ":"
You may also be interested to read
Searching JIRA issues for special characters (in text fields) does not work, even if these characters have been properly escaped in a quick, simple or advanced (i.e. JQL) search.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs