JIRA Software backup/restore by out-of-box tool

Deleted user December 21, 2017

I followed the instructions from JIRA official site to backup the whole jira instance into a zip, then use this zip to restore onto a different instance. Somehow, even this source instance okay with license, when I restore, the license expired , wonder why ?

moreover, it even asked me apply JIRA core license , which is not actually required on my target instance , so should I get both licenses to make this simple 'restore' happen ? 

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Hi Quan,

If you are using an older version of JIRA that license will be good for that version, however, if you upgrade you'll need a license that is compatible with the updated version of JIRA per Licensing your JIRA applications.

If you still have the old instance up and running here is how you can remedy this:

1. Add the updated license to the previous instance
  2. Create a new backup
  3. Import the new backup

Go to my.atlassian.com and get your JIRA Software license, etc and paste it into the old instance and go through the process again.  Take a look at the Unable to Access JIRA after upgrade to 7.x Due To Expired Service Desk License and Unable to create issues using a new version of JIRA if license is expired knowledge base articles for more information and let us know the results.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events