It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JIRA - Slack Integration select fields

Good Day

I am currently testing out Slack and how it works for JIRA, but I am however not liking the notifications, is it possible for the notifications to contain other fields?

e.g can I add Description, Story Points, etc, instead of the current selection?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jul 23, 2019

Hey Liam,

Our official Jira Server for Slack integration currently does not allow you to customize the notifications. There are a few other integrations on the Marketplace provided by other vendors though that do allow some tweaking in what custom fields are send along.

Looks like there are currently two that allow field customization:

• Slack Integration for Jira by Nextup.ai has a dropdown to select which style of notification you want to send in to Slack
  • Slack Connector for Jira Server by JSoftware allows you to super granularly define what's sent to Slack by actually building the JSON payload that Jira sends to it

Check these out to see if they fit your needs for all the features you're after.

Cheers,
Daniel

Thank you Daniel, I will check them out.

Thanks and Warm Regards

Do you plan to add something for this @Daniel Eads ? We would also appreciate:

* Select the fields that are send in Slack notification (as the default is now Status, Type and Assignee)

* Be able to select only specific fields that notification is triggered on - i.e. only notify when field X has been updated. 

We want to use the integration to get notified when new support tickets are created or priority updated, but not when anything else updates as it creates noise.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

261 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you