JIRA 7 - How to add one primary and variable list of secondary custom fields?

Ramakrishnan Srinivasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2019

Hi,

I need some help in adding one primary project and variable list of secondary projects to one issue. I am familiar with custom field creations and so on.

I am configuring JIRA to take new customer feature requirements and start the work flow with engineering. Our company is providing solutions and one requirement typically involves development in multiple products. 

For each requirement, there is one primary product and variable number of secondary/dependent products. Both primary and each secondary product have their own fields requirement like ownership, scoping etc.  

One of the ask from UI side was, have a plus mark and when user clicks on it, add the next secondary product field set. 

I can setup a Project picker custom field for primary product. But how do I add variable list of secondary products. I was thinking to take maximum like 10 secondary products and set-up 10 tabs for each secondary product with their respective fields, but I was not convinced it is elegant.

Is there any better way to achieve this either with JIRA configuration or any add-ons from market place? 

Any help in this regard is appreciated

Thank you in advance

with warm regards

ramki

1 answer

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2019

Hi, @Ramakrishnan Srinivasan .

For similar case we create into each issue which represnts all project. It means that in this issue stories all persons, date about project.

So, you could link issue with this project issues to story links with secondary projects. 

Suggest an answer