Issues not getting displayed when a customfield make hide.

I hide a customfield from all screens through field configuration which my project use. It will be hiding correctly on screen and immediately I modify some fields in my issue and do update. Now the issues which were visible earlier not shown in issue navigator.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.

Could you tell us what the JQL is for the issue navigator?

It sounds like your JQL is selecting issues based on the fields you have hidden, so it makes sense that they'd be dropped.

As an example, if you have a field "colour", your JQL says "colour = red" and then you hide the "colour" field in project X then JQL will be going "oh, well, issue X-123 doesn't have field colour, so it's not selected" - doesn't matter if you've got data for the field already, you've told Jira the field isn't there for that project.

hi Nic,

I displayed issues which belong to a particular project in JQL and no other search criteria placed.

I'm sorry, that does not tell us anything.

Could you post the JQL you are using?

project = OurProject

the above is the query.

Ok, now try "project = OurProject and issuetype = X" (where X is a single issue type and the query will return at least one issue)

Yes I tried for Bug issue type and issue navigator search yield no issues but there exists 3 issues with Bug type.

@Bharadwaj,

try unhiding the field and remove it from screen. And the associate the field to 'bug' issutype.

on search , the issues will appear.

Right, now you need to make sure that the field

a) exists for bugs - check the field context in the list of custom fields

b) is shown for bugs in that project - check the field configuration

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

79 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you