Issues not getting displayed when a customfield make hide.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2014

I hide a customfield from all screens through field configuration which my project use. It will be hiding correctly on screen and immediately I modify some fields in my issue and do update. Now the issues which were visible earlier not shown in issue navigator.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2014
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2014

Could you tell us what the JQL is for the issue navigator?

It sounds like your JQL is selecting issues based on the fields you have hidden, so it makes sense that they'd be dropped.

As an example, if you have a field "colour", your JQL says "colour = red" and then you hide the "colour" field in project X then JQL will be going "oh, well, issue X-123 doesn't have field colour, so it's not selected" - doesn't matter if you've got data for the field already, you've told Jira the field isn't there for that project.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2014

hi Nic,

I displayed issues which belong to a particular project in JQL and no other search criteria placed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2014

I'm sorry, that does not tell us anything.

Could you post the JQL you are using?

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2014

project = OurProject

the above is the query.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2014

Ok, now try "project = OurProject and issuetype = X" (where X is a single issue type and the query will return at least one issue)

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2014

Yes I tried for Bug issue type and issue navigator search yield no issues but there exists 3 issues with Bug type.

Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2014

@Bharadwaj,

try unhiding the field and remove it from screen. And the associate the field to 'bug' issutype.

on search , the issues will appear.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2014

Right, now you need to make sure that the field

a) exists for bugs - check the field context in the list of custom fields

b) is shown for bugs in that project - check the field configuration

Suggest an answer