ask-jira-defect.PNG

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2020

i need more info to assist here. Some questions/thoughts...

• please view the Workflow to understand what transitions exist
  • are you able to transition issues?
  • what do you mean by "Progress status"?
  • you mention "Progress status" being set to "resolved". what does this mean?
  • are you saying that you cannot transition the issue or are you saying when you do transition to Done/Resolved that the issue still appears in say "my open issues"? If so you need to ensure you are setting the "Resolution" when moving the issue to Done/Resolved.
heta.jogidasani February 4, 2020

Thank you Jack, 

When I click on 'Edit'issue > Field: Process Status is present, where I tried changing to resolved from the drop-down options.

Here, Issue type - Bug, named as Defect in this scenario.

Workflow:

1. Open -> progress -> closed -> Resolved
  2. Open -> Resolved

"are you saying that you cannot transition the issue or are you saying when you do transition to Done/Resolved that the issue still appears in say "my open issues"? If so you need to ensure you are setting the "Resolution" when moving the issue to Done/Resolved."

Here, I have no other option of changing the Status of this issue, and if I change it from Edit - it still remains 'Open'

Under 'More' (refer screenshot)

I only see relatable option of 'Move' -- is this the only way left to resolve ?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2020

Ok so Process Status is some custom field you or someone has created in your instance. I don't know what it's purpose is but, unless you have some automation that triggers on the modification of Process Status to actually change the Status then they are completely decoupled. So if you wish to change the Status you must transition it from Open to the desired status.

As @Pete Singleton inferred, if you are not seeing any transitions for Status (you don't use Edit for this) then your permissions are messed up. Please go to Project settings > permissions and check Transition issues.

Thanks a lot Jack, appreciate !

But, there is a twist to the story, as I see it is only happening for one particular defect, and not others.

Is there something additional setting I should check for this particular defect ?

OR what if I simply clone it and see the changes if other options turn up, what's your advice @Jack Brickey and @Pete Singleton 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2020

please define "it" in "it is only happening...". What exactly are you doing here? Explain what is happening for other defects that is different.

I cloned the particular 'Defect' and the problem disappeared in new clone with all options being available.

looks like it was glitch in instance the very moment user created the ticket, therefore the effect.

Thanks a bunch @Jack Brickey  support helped me troubleshoot better.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2020

You need to check you have the "Transition issues" permission on the project.

Yes, I have the permission, am the admin

Suggest an answer