Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Issue Type Screen Scheme not populating?

Samuel I'm New Here Sep 08, 2022

I am trying to associate my project with an Issue Type Screen Scheme. However, after creating it and verifying that it exists by going to Settings > Issues > Screen Schemes.

It does not display in the drop down options when I'm in my project settings attempting to "Use a different scheme"

3 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Leader Sep 08, 2022

If you go to settings-issues and then issuetype schemes then find the scheme and click on ellipses and select Associate. In the next screen you can choose the project. 

0 votes

Hi @Samuel  Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I think you created Screen Scheme only not Issue Type Screen Screen. 
Go to Issues >> Under Screen section Select "Issue Type Screen Scheme" >> Add "Issue Type Screen Scheme". Once It's created, go to project settings >> Screen >> Actions >> Use a Different scheme. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/associating-screen-and-issue-operation-mappings-with-an-issue-type-938847305.html

Screen Scheme map under Issue Type Screen Scheme. 

Screen map under Screen Scheme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWCMWBjK52s

Thanks

V.Y

0 votes
Samuel I'm New Here Sep 08, 2022

For more context.

I am trying to use a different scheme.

issue type screen scheme.PNG

However, when I open up the "Use a different scheme" page

Samtest development issue type screenscheme.PNG

The screen scheme cannot be found in the dropdown above. However, I CAN locate the desired screenscheme (blue) here:

samtest hosted project screenscheme.PNG

But in the Issue Type Screen Association dialog dropdown, it only displays the scheme with the red mark.

Thanks for the help!

Vikrant Yadav Community Leader Sep 08, 2022

@Samuel  As per the screenshot, it seems that you are trying to map Screen Scheme with an issue type.

Open Issue Type Screen Scheme >> SAMTEST: Software Development Issue Type Screen Scheme >> Select Associate an issue Type with a Screen Scheme and select the following options: 

1. Select an Issue Type you wish to associate a screen scheme with.

2. Select the desired Screen Scheme.

Suggest an answer