Is there any way I can change the design of the jira interface?

Tamas February 1, 2018

Basically, I want to have it look more like the old design. I find the new design (sleek, no lines, all white, generic sans serif font) to be extremely difficult to read at a glance. I know the previous font was also sans serif, but it was 100x easier to read, the new one lacks hooks on characters like "j" which just isn't usable. I don't want it to look "beautiful", I just want it to work.

The old design was working until 2 days ago, and now I can't revert anymore. If both designs worked at the same time, why not allow people to continue using the old one? For something like a database, I don't see the need to make it sleek, it's for work, it should just work...

Eventually I'll probably try forcing my own CSS file to make it more readable, but it's a shame that I have to find some work around when the design was perfect before. If anyone has any input, or someone created a CSS file already to have the old view back, it'd be amazing!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2018

Hi Tamas,

There is no method available to the end user to customize the interface at this time.    Our team is still working on this new Jira interface and are continually looking for customer feedback on this interface.

You can leave feedback in regards to these changes by using the link in your profile menu on the bottom left of the page.   I would encourage you to leave feedback in this manner, as our development team working on this project will use those feedback reports to better understand how users are utilizing this new UI and prioritize changes to the interface.

If you find you have functional limitations in the new interface (ie you cannot work), I would recommend creating a support case with our Cloud support team in https://getsupport.atlassian.com and please explain the specific details of what no longer works for you in this new interface and your Cloud URL.

It might be possible in some cases to revert a user account or an entire Cloud instance if the problem you are having is severe.   However it is not clear if this will always be available going forward.  Likely there will come a time when users can no longer revert their interface to the old UI.

Regards,

Andy

Suggest an answer