Is there any Custom Field rendering html?

Michael Danielsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

I would like to be able to show a html table in a custom field.

Is this possible?

In the toolkit plugin I have found a message field that kan render html, but it only uses the default value.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2012

Use a free text field, and set it to render wiki markup?

Michael Danielsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

No it don't work. The tags are shown.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2012

I think you've misunderstood - you write the content in wiki markup, and you'll get tables out in html.

I also think I might be misunderstanding the question as well. When you say you want to render html, do you actually mean you want your users to put html in and get it rendered? There isn't anything to do that at the moment...

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012
Michael Danielsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012

No, I'm looking for a custom field that renders html.

0 votes
Lucas Molenaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012

Use the TEXT gadget: "Display any text, formatted as HTML."

So if you enter HTML formatted text (e.g. tabel tags) it will be displayed correctly. Note: The field is not ment to be edited frequently as editing might break the layout and you have only a small editbox

Michael Danielsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2012

CAn I use this text gadget as a custom field?

Lucas Molenaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2012

I did not read your post correctly, sorry. I was refering to Dashboard Gadgets

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2012

No, it's a gadget, not a field.

Suggest an answer