Is there a way to generate a report based on issue creation time (HH:MM)?

I'm looking for a way to generate a report showing the number of tickets that were created at each hour throughout the day and display it on a chart.

EazyBI doesn't seem to drill down to the hour and I can't see any gadgets that would do this.

Any suggestions appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Dec 05, 2017

Hello,

You can use Recently Created Issues Report  or Recently Created Issues Gadget. You can read more here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/reporting-in-jira-461504615.html

Thanks Alexey,

Unfortunately the Report doesn't seem to offer an option to display in hours and the Gadget can only go back 10 hours.

Alexey Matveev Community Champion Dec 05, 2017

I just checked on Jira 7.5. I can choose Hourly in the Period parameter. And I can enter go back in days not in hours

I managed to do this by exporting all Jira issues from 2017 to a CSV, then creating 2 columns:

Ticket: Custom column with 1 as the value in each cell.
Hour: The hour in HH format split from the date/time columns, sorted by descending numbers.

Hour    |  Ticket
13        |    1
14        |    1
14        |    1
15        |    1
15        |    1
etc.

This was plotted this on a line graph with hour along the x-axis and number of tickets on the y-axis, giving us a chart showing the total number of tickets logged at each hour of the day over a 1 year period.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

461 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you