Is there a way to disable the Resolution item in the field configurations?

황영순 March 25, 2019

Is there a way to disable the Resolution item in the field configurations?image.png

4 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2019

Resolution Field can't be made optional. NOT put the field on any screen except the one presented in the transition where it is to be set. 

Resolution is a special field in JIRA. It has an initial value of ‘Unresolved’, which means the field is NULL in the database. It is ALWAYS required when it appears on the screen. ONLY display it on the screen during a transition to the status where you want it set. Once it is set the issue ID will appear with as strikethrough. If you re-open an issue the transition from closed to reopen needs to have a post function to CLEAR the resolution field to set it back to Unresolved. DO 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2019

Please pay heed to this - you really do NOT want to remove the "mandatory" flag or the resolution field.

0 votes
Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2019

Hiiiii,

As Gangavath said please see below, when u click on a transition in workflow nad then click on validator and then click  on add validator button u can see some options. 

when u choose fields required u can choose or  ur favorite fields.

Untitled.png

Best Regards

0 votes
Deleted user March 25, 2019

Hi @황영순 ,

Might be that field is available in one of the transition screens that you are using for the issue (project) and might added validation to that field to provide value for that specific field. If so, please remove that field from the validation part and then hide from the field configuration page. So that the field will disappear from the screen. And if you want turn off the only mandatory field then just remove the validation for that field from the workflow.

Regards,
Kishore Kumar Gangavath.

황영순 March 26, 2019

I'm sorry, but I have one more question.
Where is "validation for that field from the workflow" located?
I could not find where I was.

Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2019

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2019

Hello,

What do you mean by disable? You can hide it and it will disappear from screens.

황영순 March 25, 2019

NO!

I want to turn off the mandatory choice.

Suggest an answer