Is there a way to capture the date / time when a JIRA issue has been assigned to a person?

We are trying to collect metrics on the time it takes from when a JIRA issue has been opened to the time someone responds to the issue. Can this be done?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

you can add a new intermediate state in new or open state some thing called like Update assinee and add the assignee field to this as mandatory and remove the assinee field from the other screens.

using postfunction you can capture the assigned date

Thanks for the udpate.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Stephen,

I believe this plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/plugin.stateoscope will provide you with more details on state based changes for your issue (i.e. when an issue goes from unassigned to having an assignee). Please note that this plugin is for our behind-the-firewall product and there currently isn't a solution for our OnDemand platform.

Cheers

Turner

Thanks Turner for your answer.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

137 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you