Is there a way in Jira to move a comment from one issue to another?

Is there a way (Admin only would be fine too) to move a comment from one Jira issue to another? So far the only way I know is to use SQL. As a software developer myself, I hate having my customers use SQL to try to fix things in my product so I hate having to do this to Jira myself.

And before you suggest making the user delete it and re-add it. I know that it's their fault and should know better. If they've just done it, that's what I usually make them do.

But in some cases, we won't figure out for a month or two that someone has done that. In may of these cases, we don't want them to delete and re-add it because it messes up the time line of events and many times the comment "flow" order is important to understand what transpired.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Jan 12, 2018

Hello,

If you have an add-on like Adaptivist ScriptRunner or Power Scripts you could write a script to automate the task

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

41 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you