Is there a way in Jira to move a comment from one issue to another?

Joe Prevo January 12, 2018

Is there a way (Admin only would be fine too) to move a comment from one Jira issue to another? So far the only way I know is to use SQL. As a software developer myself, I hate having my customers use SQL to try to fix things in my product so I hate having to do this to Jira myself.

And before you suggest making the user delete it and re-add it. I know that it's their fault and should know better. If they've just done it, that's what I usually make them do.

But in some cases, we won't figure out for a month or two that someone has done that. In may of these cases, we don't want them to delete and re-add it because it messes up the time line of events and many times the comment "flow" order is important to understand what transpired.

Thanks.

3 answers

1 vote
Barry Steele April 20, 2020

From that I interpret "no, not easily"

0 votes
David Sumlin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2020

Copy/Delete/Paste

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2018

Hello,

If you have an add-on like Adaptivist ScriptRunner or Power Scripts you could write a script to automate the task

Suggest an answer